Standards and Technology Executive Committee (STEC)
STM’s Standard and Technology Executive Committee, STEC, oversees and coordinates the activities of STM in the area of Standards and Technology. Among these are the brainstorm sessions by the STM Future Lab, organizing STM’s Innovations Seminars, providing various webinars and delivering the annual Tech Trend exercise. In addition to that, the STEC keeps track of important standards and technology developments in the wider publishing industry, provides input for standardization efforts and consultations, tracks the publishing participation in various standards bodies and prompts members and the STM Board on important developments in this area. Key topics currently on the agenda of the STEC are: Research Data and linking to publications, User Data privacy, Permanent Identifiers, Identity Management, Resource Access, Cyber Security.
The chair of STEC is an ex officio member of the STM Board, currently IJsbrand Jan Aalbersberg from Elsvier. Staff coordination by Eefke Smit, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IJsbrand Jan Aalbersberg (Chair), Elsevier
- Gerry Grenier, IEEE
- Jonathan Morgan, American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Jay Neill, John Wiley & Sons
- Jan Reichelt, Clarivate
- John Sack, HighWire Press
- Chris Shillum, Elsevier (US)
- Jasper Simons, American Psychological Association (APA)
- Henning Schoenenberger, SpringerNature
- Vacancy, for representative of mid-size publisher
The STEC committee is a great supporter of diversity and welcomes candidates that help us restore the gender balance.