STM is commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, by reconfirming our commitment to advancing trusted research worldwide that educates, inspires, and benefits society.
STM members are responsible for around two thirds of the world’s published research output. Our members, together with the stakeholders we support, comprise a global community; one of the shining examples of what happens when all people, regardless of place or politics, have the opportunity to freely pursue knowledge together. STM members are committed to preserving this ideal and advocating for equity and equality.
Ensure everyone can enjoy the benefits of scientific advancement and its applications
- STM members strive to foster trust in research through promoting the dependability, replicability, and openness of research findings.
- STM members are committed to ensuring the outcomes of research are communicated with pinpoint accuracy, clarity, and integrity.
- STM is committed to promoting publisher’s contributions to make progress on innovation, openness, and sharing of knowledge needed to benefit society.
Respect, protect and advocate for Academic freedom
- STM members universally provide outlets where independent academic thought and scholarly discussion are cultivated and thrive.
- STM recognizes there are inherent biases and inequities in the research ecosystem that must be addressed by all stakeholders. As publishers, STM members are committed to working collaboratively to close gaps across research and scholarly communication.
Promote, encourage, and foster internationalization and co-operation across regions and disciplines
- As a global organisation, STM is committed to fostering greater collaboration, ensuring that everyone benefits and is recognized for their contribution to the advancement of trusted research. We do this through establishing and promoting standards, sharing best practice, and upskilling members across borders and disciplines.
Our shared diversity, equity and inclusion agenda:
Society is changing. We acknowledge that there are challenges and issues that need to be addressed collectively and by each member. STM members are committed to embedding the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and supporting participation from all voices to make the research ecosystem more dynamic.
STM will lead a DEI agenda across our core committees and through collaborative partnerships. Each committee will identify gaps and action areas to lead sustained and transformative change within our publishing organizations and indirectly with the researchers, institutions, academic and professional societies that we serve.