Editor, Research to Publication
Company : BMJ
Location : London - Hybrid
Closing Date : 31st May 2023
Website : https://careers-bmj.icims.com/jobs/1576/editor%2c-research-to-publication/job?mode=view
BMJ is seeking a part-time (0.5 FTE) Editor for Research to Publication on a 2 year fixed-term contract. Research to Publication (RtoP) is our research methodology and publishing programme specifically designed for doctors and healthcare researchers in collaboration with University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). In this hybrid role, which can be mostly home-based, you will be responsible for the editorial strategy for RtoP, maintain and create RtoP’s online course content, and develop and deliver webinars. You will also deliver face-to-face training to RtoP customers a few times per year.
In this role you will:
- Develop and deliver the editorial strategy for Research to Publication (RtoP)
- Manage existing content incl. ensuring it is in line with best practice, identifying and updating referenced guidelines, updating broken links
- Support the creation of new content in line with confirmed customer requirements, incl. identifying authors of new content and creating course outlines and author briefs
- Develop and deliver webinars and workshops for RtoP customers to support programme delivery, face-to-face and online
- Provide support to RtoP users by replying to user reviews and content enquiries
- Support customers with defining their research and publication training process
- Assist customers with integrating RtoP with their current curricula
- Lead development of local trainer capability (Train-the-trainer sessions)
- Provide individual support for RtoP users by hosting regular face-to-face or remote clinics
- Produce training guides and implementation plans
Skill, Experience & Qualifications
You will need suitable medical qualification and ideally be a clinician with at least 3 years clinical practice. Experience of clinical research is also essential for this role, plus relevant editorial experience:
- Track record of publication
- Experience of editing / peer reviewing / editorial board membership
- Engagement with senior decision makers and clinical networks in research
- Strong influencing, communication and networking skills
- Excellent presentation and customer engagement skills
- Strong organisational skills - ability to plan, organise and prioritise a busy workload
- Demonstrate an ability to bring innovative solutions to bear on complex problems
- Educational skills
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously; diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organisational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focusing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Well-being, Parents and Carers, and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day and the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
- Multiple discounts through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven times salary life assurance cover
- Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in