Senior Journal Manager
Company : AIP Publishing
Location : New York
Closing Date : 28th April 2023
Website : https://grnh.se/1df3eb914us
AIP Publishing is a leading publisher of the physical sciences. Working at AIP Publishing means being part of a mission: to accelerate scientific discovery while reimagining the future of scholarly publishing.
AIPP is proud to have been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York in 2020, 2021, and 2022. We foster a collaborative, creative atmosphere and encourage an inclusive workplace culture that maximizes individual contributions.
Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Paid time off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Competitive medical, dental and vision options
- Exceptional retirement benefits
- Training opportunities
- Tuition assistance
The Senior Journal Manager role reporting to Associate Publisher will lead journal launch and development plans in our open access team.
You’ll be a great fit if you are dynamic, forward thinking, and interested in leading a team of Journal Managers and editorial staff to evolve and grow our open access portfolio. Experience leading and working in cross-functional teams and P&L management is a plus. Key tasks include journal launch and development as well as ideation and experimentation of new processes, business models, and ways of working across business units. You will identify and work directly with leading scientists as editors.
The Senior Journal Manager will be responsible for:
- Market research into new growth areas for journals and business case development
- Developing a content development strategy to ensure their products are the leading publications in their respective fields in alignment with company goals and objectives
- Work with Editors to identify and acquire key content in hot/special/emerging topics that will increase the scientific quality and impact of the journals and ensure the journals’ scope remains relevant and comprehensive
- Track key performance indicators, set targets/budgets, and measure success in producing and executing strategy to meet those targets (i.e., journal submissions, publications, revenue, etc.)
- Attend topical conferences and institutional visits to conduct author and researcher outreach
- Oversee and run effective action-oriented editorial board meetings
To be considered you’ll need:
- Advanced physical science degree is desirable, a Bachelor’s degree at minimum, alongside 5 years’ experience in scientific publishing
- Demonstrated success defining and developing excellent products
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate resulting in strong collaboration with cross functional teams and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to lead, mentor, inspire, coach, and develop staff
- Ability take responsibility, assess complex situations, and work on own initiative
- Strong networking skills is a plus
Additional details: $90,000 - $100,000, Travel required.
Salary within the above posted range is based on a variety of factors including relevant experience
Must reside within NY, NJ, CT, MD, VA, PA, MA, RI or Washington, DC. This is a remote opportunity, with in-office working options available.
A wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of the American Institute of Physics (AIP), AIP Publishing’s mission is to advance, promote, and serve the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity by breaking barriers to open, equitable research communication and empowering researchers to accelerate global progress. AIP Publishing supports the charitable, scientific, and educational purposes of AIP through scholarly publishing activities on its behalf and on behalf of our publishing partners. Our publishing portfolio includes digital books, AIP Conference Proceedings, and peer-reviewed journals across a spectrum of research areas, including our flagship titles Applied Physics Reviews, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, and The Journal of Chemical Physics.
AIP Publishing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer