Publishing Systems Coordinator
Company : CABI
Location : Wallingford - based in the UK (hybrid working)
Closing Date : 6th February 2023
Website : https://www.cabi.org/
CABI has ambitious plans for its publishing programme, including continued development of our content platform and publishing systems. These form a crucial part of our long-standing and high-quality publishing portfolio, and a key part of our role within the research and practice community.
Working together with colleagues across Publishing Operations, you will play a key role in maintaining and further developing our content platform and systems for manuscript submission, peer review, production and open access publication.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Working with the Platform Manager and suppliers to maintain and develop our content platform
- Working with editorial teams and suppliers to maintain and develop systems for manuscript submission, peer review, production and open access publication
- Handle first-line queries for our content platform and submission and peer review systems and processes in a helpful and efficient manner; offering support that improves standardization across our systems
- Providing (technical) support and advice to system users, identifying and resolving problems
- Testing new system features, feeding back to managers or suppliers as necessary.
- Maintaining documentation for internal use and manuals and guidelines for customers, editors and authors
- Working with external suppliers to ensure excellent performance and monitor costs
- Creating regular reports to monitor progress and performance of content platform and publishing systems
- Supporting key projects and initiatives across the Publishing Operations team and the wider publishing business
- Experience with system administration and (technical) support
- Pro-active approach to problem solving and great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills –written and verbal
- Excellent project management, planning and time management skills
- Able to work independently, whilst supporting and guiding the work of a team
- Understanding of HTML, webpage design and UX
- Experience with ScholarOne or another peer review management system such as Editorial Manager would be an advantage
- Experience with Literatum or another content platform would be an advantage
CABI reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date if a suitable number of applications are received.