Company : World Scientific Publishing (UK) Ltd
Location : 57 Shelton Street Covent Garden London WC2H 9HE United Kingdom
Closing Date : 31st December 2022
Website : https://www.worldscientific.com/page/careers
Primary Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Acquire new titles and academic books in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) topics, with emphasis in Engineering, Physics and Mathematics.
- Responsible for full editorial process from manuscript to publication, which include liaising with authors, reviewers, preparing the necessary paperwork and contracts, liaising with typesetters, printers, and designers.
- Ensuring the commercial value of the acquired titles, analyzing the time and cost of production, to maintain a steady and profitable revenue stream.
- Develop new areas that complement Company’s existing focus areas.
- Create proposals including costing and pricing suggestions; portfolios management.
- Maintaining positive collaborative relationships with existing/potential authors, reviewers, contributors, key advisers, and potential textbook adopters.
- Regular discussions with colleagues in editorial, production, marketing, and sales to track status ensuring timely publications, providing necessary updates.
- Monitoring demands of market forces, advising of future trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Participate in the marketing and promotional activities for new books.
- Any ad hoc projects as and when required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
- At least 3 years of acquisitions experience in academic publishing.
- Experience in acquiring Engineering, Mathematics and Physics and titles is preferred.
- Ability to build, nurture and manage potential authors.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Must have initiative, creativity, and a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a team.
- Ability in managing multiple projects simultaneously amid tight deadlines.
- Legal rights to work in UK.
Potential candidates who meet our requirements may apply with a cover letter and full resume stating your current and expected salaries, availability and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.