Company : BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
Location : Swindon / London / Remote (UK-based)
Closing Date : 16th May 2022
Website : https://www.bcs.org/about-us/careers-at-bcs/vacancy-commissioning-editor/
The BCS Publishing team is seeking a quality-driven, commercially-focused and personable Commissioning Editor to drive forward their well-established portfolio of leading IT titles.
You will be forward thinking and proactive, with the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders to build breadth and depth into the BCS Publishing programme.
Help us to write the future of tech.
- Work with the Head of Publishing to develop and deliver a robust practitioner publishing programme in line with the BCS themes and BCS L&D strategy.
- Commission and manage new print and digital publications, leading the P&L review process, from concept to contract.
- Manage the editorial development of titles, from contract to handover to production, applying incremental delivery to meet business objectives.
- Prepare sales & marketing collateral and contribute to planning for successful release of new titles.
- Work with colleagues to continuously improve the BCS publishing programme.
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;