STM 2023 Board Elections
Nominations for STM Board seats have now begun. Please visit https://www.stm-assoc.org/about-stm/nominations/. There are five seats available:
- Three "Undesignated"
- One "Non EU/US Company”
- One "Early Career Publisher"
Please refer to Item C, Articles 11-16 of the STM By-Laws which explains the definition of the seats and provides details of the responsibilities of becoming an STM Board Member (https://www.stm-assoc.org/about-stm/by-laws/).
Designated and Undesignated Seats
- A “Designated” seat candidate (“Non EU/US Company” and “Early Career Publisher”) may choose to simultaneously stand for election as an “Undesignated” candidate.
- A candidate who chooses to stand for both an “Undesignated” and a “Designated” seat must be nominated and seconded for each seat separately.
- The same individual(s) who has nominated and/or seconded an individual’s candidacy for a “Designated” seat may also nominate and/or second that individual’s candidacy for an “Undesignated” seat.
Nomination, Approval, and Seconding Procedures
If you are employed by an STM publishing member company (regular) you can be nominated by another person who is employed by an STM publishing member company or nominate yourself. In either case, the nominee is responsible to secure a second for his/her nomination from another individual who is also employed by an STM publishing member company.
The candidate must receive approval for his/her candidacy from the Head of Member Organisation (the most senior executive of the publishing enterprise,) as recognized by STM before being put on the ballot.
For the current composition of the STM Board, please visit: https://www.stm-assoc.org/about-stm/stm-board/
From June through August, nominations ensue, votes are cast, and newly elected members are chosen in mid-September. The elected Board members will be introduced and results ratified at the 16 October 2023 AGM.
The 2023 STM Election Oversight Committee is:
- Ella Colvin, Cambridge University Press
- Annette Flanagin, JAMA Network (Chair)
- Jasmin Lange, Brill
Any questions, please contact Kim Beadle: email@example.com