If you are ready to join, please download our 2014 Application Form. Please fax or e-mail to the contact information below.
- Fax: +44 1865 339325
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
STM Membership Fees & Policies - 2014
1. Regular and Associate fee categories based on revenue in Euros (€) per organisation per year
Regular membership fees are based on all revenues from primary or secondary/database or tertiary publishing (books and journals) in the fields of pure and applied science, technology, medicine, social and behavioural sciences and humanities: that is, all academic and professional/reference level publishing.
Associate member fees are based on the organisation’s global revenues.
3. Fee Categories & Calculations
Member companies and associate members must confirm that the fees paid reflect their revenue as outlined above.
Companies with revenue in the range €45m – 500m
Formula 1 is applied to the first €45m of revenue which gives €20,650 as a base.
For each million euros above the €45m add an additional €100/m
- Revenue is €385m. Base fee for 45m is €20,650.
- 100 x (€385 – 45)= €34,000
- €34,000 + €20,650 (base fee) = €54,650 Annual Fee
Companies with revenues above €500m
Formula 2 is applied to the first €500m of revenue which gives €76,000 as a base.
For each million euros above the €500m add an additional €50/m
- Revenue is €550m. Base fee for 500m is €76,000.
- 50 x (€550-500)= €2,500
- €2,500 + €76,000 (base fee)= €78,500 Annual Fee
The fee is the greater of €625 or 0.04% of revenue up to a maximum of €12,060.
- Revenue is €124m. 0.04% of revenue = €124,000,000 x 0.0004 = €49,600.
This is above the maximum so fee is €12,060.
- For a company with revenues of €5m: 5,000,000 x 0.0004 = €2,000. So fee is €2,000.
- For a company with revenues of €1m: 1,000,000 x 0.0004 = €400.
This is below the minimum so fee is €650.
Annual invoices are payable within 30 days of invoice date.
5. Membership Cancellation
Members who wish to retire from the Association at the end of a calendar year are bound by the By-laws (art. 3) to notify the Secretariat in writing before November 1st.
6. Inform STM
- Members are expected to put the STM Secretariat on their mailing list for address changes and all other relevant information.
- Members will regularly submit suggestions for action or research, if necessary.
- Members are expected to participate in enquiries and surveys conducted by questionnaire. If they cannot or do not wish to respond, they are expected to inform the STM Secretariat.
7. Classes of Membership
In accordance with the decisions of the STM Board and approved by the STM Annual
General Meeting (AGM) the following classes of membership are recognized:
a. Regular members
Regular members have voting rights and pay standard fees. Regular members are:
- STM publishing companies
- Professional (legal) and scholarly publishers
- Learned societies with publishing activities
- Secondary publishers
b. Associate members
Associate membership is a non-voting membership open to subscription agents, consultancies and any publishing related company which is not itself a publisher. Associate members pay a fee the greater of €650 or 0.04% of revenue, up to maximum of €12,060
- Subscription agents
- Publishing related companies
c. Corresponding members
Corresponding members can take active part as observers in the STM Standing Committees. Corresponding members have no voting rights. No dues are payable, since basically the members exchange information.
- User Groups
- National PA’s
14 November 2013
Download the print version of our Benefits Brochure.