STM Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant
Company : STM
Location : Remote
Closing Date : 8th July 2022
Website : https://www.stm-assoc.org
We are looking for a dependable part-time Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant to administer and organize key strategic projects within STM. In this newly created role, you will be working closely with STM’s CEO, other staff, committees, and board members on key projects that are strategically important for the organization. We will be looking to you to track actions and resources, coordinate tasks, schedule meetings and other activities, maintain project documentation and handle queries. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role, an ability to work under pressure, maintain deadlines and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of seniority within an organization.
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Project Coordinator or Executive Assistant to continue their career on a part-time basis. STM is a leading trade association in our field and our new Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant will have the opportunity to interact with senior executives from across the scholarly publishing industry who are seeking to advance trusted research.
- Coordinate project management activities, and information on behalf of Project Owners
- Work with Project Owners to break projects into actions, structure streams of work and set timeframes
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Track project activities and work with Project Owners to overcome blockers
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Create and maintain project documentation, plans and reports
The role also entails:
- Support with preparing budgets
- Overseeing procurement of sub-contractors
- Standing in on behalf of Project Owners to report on projects to CEO, committees or Board
- Organise a range of meetings, agree dates, produce agendas and take minutes as appropriate
- Providing diary management, administrative and secretarial support to the CEO
- Manage a wide range of business communications
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator, Executive Assistant or similar role
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Ability to work with project management tools (e.g. Trello, ClickUp), and other online tools such as whiteboards and MS Teams
- Work well under pressure, detail-oriented, dependable problem solver
- Knowledge of the scholarly publishing industry would be very helpful but is not necessary.
Personal traits of a successful candidate:
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- A passion for problem-solving
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Professional discretion
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- Dutch speaker (highly desirable but not essential)
Other Relevant Information
This all-encompassing role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate who is self-motivated, experienced in providing a high standard of assistance to individuals at a senior level, with the ability to work using their own initiative, as well as being able to accurately follow instructions and be a great team player. The role would suit someone who enjoys a varied role where no job is too big or too small. This is a permanent, part-time, home-based position and the role is conceived as 4 days per week, with some flexibility with respect to working hours. STM operates globally, with staff across multiple time zones. Odd working hours will occasionally be necessary, and travel will also be required with 2-3 trips per year.
Candidates may be offered employment or on a consultancy basis depending on their location.
First established in 1968, STM currently has 150 members in 21 countries who each year collectively publish nearly 66% of all journal articles and tens of thousands of monographs and reference works. Members include learned societies, university presses, commercial publishers, and affiliates who support the publishing system -using a variety of business models including subscription and open access – and include both new start-ups and established players in all scholarly disciplines.
STM is incorporated in the Netherlands as a Dutch non-profit Foundation with NL-Chamber of Commerce registration number 41200219 and registered in England and Wales with company number FC02747. For further information, please visit https://www.stm-assoc.org
Submitting your application:
For more information about the role and/or to submit your Cover Letter and CV, please write to Kim Beadle: email@example.com