Senior Marketing Manager, Planning & Sales Enablement
Company : American Psychological Association
Location : Washington, DC (Remote)
Closing Date : 1st June 2023
Website : https://bit.ly/3HdqvgG
The Senior Marketing Manager, Planning and Sales Enablement is dually responsible for optimizing the day-to-day and annual effectiveness of APA Publications marketing activities surrounding growth, retention, and course adoption across library and higher education markets globally, as well as ensuring the ability of our sales teams to turn qualified leads generated by marketing into lasting product relationships among new and existing customers.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of marketing and brand management experience in an organization with intellectual property products and services that are sold into the library and higher education market
- Minimum 2+ years' experience developing and implementing a sales enablement program, including the creation of tools to support core messaging, value proposition development, and product presentation
- Deep experience in the techniques of understanding customers and users, including needs-based segmentation, personal development and journey mapping.
- Deep understanding of trends and business models in the higher education market.
- Experience developing content marketing that both creates awareness and identifies leads.
- Experience marketing into the higher education market internationally is a plus.
Computer Skills Required:
Experience with marketing automation tools and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Collaborate with APA Publications marketing managers in the development of annual Account Based Marketing plans supporting key revenue and share objectives, and serve as project lead in day-to-day plan calendarization and implementation
- Serve as central contact for queries related to the ABM program from internal APA sales, marketing, and editorial staff
- Measure, provide feedback on, collaboratively identify, and implement adjustments to elements within the ABM program as needed to ensure effectiveness and alignment with APA goals.
- Identify potential opportunities for process improvement in terms of efficiency or effectiveness within ABM Effectively collaborate with the Marketing Operations team in the coordinated execution of all customer-facing ABM elements.
- Develop, implement, and serve as point contact for a sales enablement program aligned with and incorporating key elements of the annual ABM program.
- Create support materials including tools, guides, FAQs, signature blocks, and other resources that reinforce core messaging and value propositions that enable APA internal sales teams to leverage ABM both in terms of market/product focus as well as timing within the plan year.
- Develop and implement a communication plan to ensure APA sales teams are kept up to date on various campaigns or other promotional activity within ABM.
- Lead info sessions for APA sales teams to firmly establish the use of these resources in daily sales activity.
- Construct a simplified selection of enablement tools and resources for distribution to APA’s three strategic vendor partners. Participate in regularly scheduled strategic vendor meetings to provide updates to the vendor sales enablement toolkit, solicit feedback from the vendor partners, and present relevant dashboards or summary measures of effectiveness against key objectives as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
The American Psychological Association (APA) represents 122,000 psychologists, students, and affiliates, primarily in the U.S. and Canada but also in other countries around the world. APA is a scientific and professional organization with about 500 employees and is categorized as a 501(c)(3) along with its 501(c)(6) companion organization, APA Services, Inc.
Job Location: Remote: APA jobs may be considered for remote work eligibility as defined in APA’s Flexible Work Policy and are subject to approval. Remote work employees may network from the following states or U.S. territories: Alaska, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, U.S. Virgin Islands, Washington, Wyoming.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a resume and cover letter specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.