Reviewer Engagement Manager – Bristol or Beijing
Company : IOP Publishing
Location : Bristol
Closing Date : 31/10/2019
Website : http://ioppublishingcareers.org/vacancies/6005/STM/reviewer_engagement_manager_bristol_or_beijing/
Reviewer Engagement Manager – Bristol Beijing
We have an exciting permanent full-time opportunity for a Reviewer Engagement Manager within our Publishing team either based in our central Bristol or our Beijing office.
About the role:
You will be responsible for setting the strategy and delivering the company’s reviewer training programme and acting as an ambassador for IOP in the physical science reviewer community. You will own the roadmap for training and onboarding new reviewers from across the physical sciences researcher community and define what quality peer review looks like at IOP Publishing. An early career researcher (ECR) champion, you will build and own our online reviewer training portal, host regular training webinars and deliver a series of training events at international physics conferences under the IOP Publishing Academy brand. Constantly alert to the needs of ECRs and changes within the industry, you will act as IOP Publishing’s face of peer review within the publishing and academic community.
Key accountabilities include:
- Defining and delivery our peer review strategy to engage and train new external peer reviewers
- Delivering peer review roadshow events
- Managing the schedule of IOPP Academy events to support international growth
- Training and supporting reviewers
You will possess/ demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable experience of working with the reviewer community and understanding their requirements in the STMPublishing market;
- Demonstrable data-driven approach to decision making, utilising validated customer feedback and insights as well as business metrics to make decisions;
- Experience of continuous improvement and ideally lean methodology;
- Expert user of all relevant analytical and reporting tools (eg Business Objects, Scholar One, SCOPUS, Web of Science);
- Experience of managing successful negotiations;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and achieve buy-in;
- Ability to build strong, effective industry networks worldwide;
- Ability to balance short, medium and long term demands and plan appropriately.
And also, ideally:
- Degree qualified;
- Certified Scrum Product Owner;
- Product management experience.
About the benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package which varies by location. In the UK, this includes an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience and how this applies to the role and requirements outlined, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.