Company : KeAi Publishing
Location : Beijing
Closing Date : 1/12/2019
Website : http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/careers/publishing-director/
As Publishing Director you will be responsible for developing an actionable publishing strategy to support our ambitious growth plans and overall strategy, which is built on our belief in the global impact of research from China.
You will lead and develop a team of (currently) 9 journals publishers in Physical Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences, Health & Medical Sciences and Social Sciences to translate the publishing strategy into effective portfolio management, including acquisitions, new journal launches and international journal development.
You will establish and maintain meaningful relationships with key influencers in the market and serve as one of KeAi’s key representatives to the communities we serve.
You will advise KeAi’s management on global opportunities and business development.
Skills, experience and behaviours:
The ideal candidate has 8 years’ experience in STM journals publishing, a proven track record of motivating and developing teams, is fluent in Chinese and English, has excellent networking skills and strong business acumen.
Skills, experience and behaviours include:
- Educated to a degree level
- Fluency in Chinese and English, in both writing and speaking
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in STM journals publishing, including management and growth of journals portfolios
- Profound knowledge of the Open Access publishing markets globally and China in particular
- Leadership experience and expertise in the management and motivation of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and presentation to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to think creatively and be pro-active in solving problems and exploring opportunities
- Financial and business acumen and strong negotiation skills
- 8 – 10 weeks of travel per year, both in China and internationally will be required
In addition to a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits, we offer you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and diverse team of professionals that collaboratively works on the continued success of an international publishing services company that is uniquely positioned in China.
We operate in an exciting market at exciting times: based in Beijing, serving international academic communities with quality Open Access journals, we are at the heart of the transition of STM publishing.
Powered by a globally leading information analytics business and China’s number one academic publisher, KeAi provides you with access to a unique network of people, knowledge and expertise to support the development of your career.