Project Manager for Scholarly Networks Security Initiative
Company : STM
Location : Flexible
Closing Date : 30th November 2020
Website : www.stm-assoc.org
Reports To: Ian Moss (STM)
The Project Manager provides support to the Scholarly Networks Security Initiative, which is an initiative bringing together publishers and institutions to solve cyber challenges threatening the integrity of the scientific record, scholarly systems and the safety of personal data.
Additionally, the Project Manager will co-ordinate the work of the Co-chairs of the ESG and the four working groups (WG) by maintaining the groups documentation and providing administrative support, including ensuring the SNSI website is kept up to date. They will work closely with the leads to collate inputs for regular meetings according to agreed schedule and to agreed audience.
Full or Part Time considered.
Core hours: would need to be available for Europe/USA time zone co-ordination.
Salary: Subject to Experience. Please include current salary details in application.
STM operates as a virtual office.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Co-ordinate all aspects of the project, working with the Executive Steering Group (ESG) co-chairs and the working group leads
• Owner of the meeting material which is presented by the Co-chair every ESG and WG meeting, coordinate with key contributors to ensure that ESG and WG meeting contents are assembled on time
• Responsible for project documentation for all parties as assigned by Co-Chairs such as action item logs, decision logs, managing SharePoint drive, project meeting agendas and material, and project meeting minutes
• Work with the Comms Working Group to ensure the SNSI website is kept up to date with new content
• Liaise with the web site developers to make changes to the website as deemed necessary by the Comms WG and / or the ESG
• Define key success metrics and track progress through coordination with contributors to the metrics
• Induction for new members i.e. invite to appropriate meetings, share appropriate content
• Maintain ownership of and accountability for the project/WG schedules
• Manage the budgets, calculate member fees and liaise with STM office administrator on billing, invoicing and managing the accounts
• Lead procurement process e.g. for memberships, resources etc
• All other duties as assigned
• Strong organization skills
• Good knowledge of IT/cyber security issues
• Good communication skills
• Relationship management.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
• Strong attention to detail