Platform Manager, Books
Company : Royal Society of Chemistry
Location : Cambridge
Closing Date : 23 November 2021
Website : https://careers-rsc.icims.com/jobs/2838/platform-manager%2c-books/job
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we publish the new research that is a catalyst for the chemistry that enriches our world. Collaboration is essential. We connect scientists with each other and society as a whole, so they can do their best work and make discoveries and innovation happen.
We develop, recognise and celebrate professional capabilities. We bring people together to spark new ideas and new partnerships. We support teachers to inspire future generations of scientists. And we speak up to influence the people making decisions that affect us all.
We are seeking a highly motivated publishing professional with strong understanding of publishing technologies or production processes and workflows to work with the Head of books to contributing to delivering our digital books strategic plan and roadmap for future developments.
The Platform Manager, Books position is a temporary position for 18 months working as a key part of our Books publishing team but also working closely with Technology to manage the delivery of the roadmap for our digital books infrastructure upgrade.
The role holder will manage the operation and development of the book publishing platforms, including implementation and launch of a new customer-facing website, and planning for replacement of our production and other back-end publishing systems.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of managing, or supporting, digital platforms and systems
- Strong prioritisation skills and demonstrable experience in managing competing priorities
- Proven ability to engage and consult with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve shared goals
- Experience of working with technology providers, or similar suppliers
- Ability to apply new technologies quickly and effectively
- Highly skilled at problem solving and trouble-shooting
- Strong understanding of journal or book editorial and production processes
- Experience of gathering stakeholders needs and communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to engage and grow online audiences
- Understanding of academic publishing editorial and production workflows and processes
- Experience of uncovering and validating customer and business requirements and delivering solutions for them
- Experience of producing project documentation
- Experience of systems testing and quality assurance, including User acceptance testing
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package. If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
This is a Permanent full-time (35-hour week) position, based at either our London or Cambridge offices in the UK, with extensive national and international travel.
The role is based from our Cambridge office, however we are currently in a period of piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
For a full job description, please click here.