Media Sales & Data Manager
Company : IOP Publishing
Location : Bristol
Closing Date : 22nd May 2022
Website : https://www.ioppublishingcareers.org/vacancy/media-sales-data-manager-485673.html
As a Media Sales & Data Manager you will manage the display advertising sales effort with a particular focus on adopting a marketing data approach to the sales effort, on sales data and analytics and on digital advertising. You will also lead the display sales team and work with the Business Development Manager devising sales strategies. You will report to the Business Development Manager and lead a team of 4 Display Salespeople.
What will you be doing?
Key job accountabilities include:
- Drive the optimisation and use of data within the sales team, ensuring that data is informing the sales story, sales product development and is reflected in conversations with advertising clients
- Play a leading role in the drive for digital advertising growth, ensuring optimisation across digital magazines and websites as well as identifying other opportunities for display advertising and sponsorship
- Lead the display team to sell advertising space to individual targets and display team combined target a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Encourage a more marketing-driven approach to customer solutions and advertising packages.
- Translate customer requirements into appropriate ad offerings, with fit for purpose reporting, analytics and metrics on which to base follow up conversations, be that around increasing brand visibility, lead generation, ROI and so on.
- Be lead customer and stakeholder with external suppliers to the sales area, bringing the expertise back into the sales team to ensure best practice
- Develop strategies to increase buyer interest in new advertising products or services
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience in advertising, marketing or related field
- High level of data literacy
- Ability to develop strategies based on industry trends and developments.
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking skills, especially when working with multiple projects.
- Excellent management, negotiation, listening, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Decisiveness and strong problem solving skills, especially under stress.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
We know it is unusual for someone to tick every box so, if you don’t meet all the criteria, but demonstrate most of the skills and experience we are looking for, and have the enthusiasm to work with us, go ahead and apply.
What we offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees an excellent pension scheme (up to 12% company contribution), discretionary annual bonus scheme, 25+ days holiday (not including bank holidays), standard 35-hour working week, volunteering days, and a comprehensive benefits package including private medical insurance, life assurance, and a range of flexible benefits such as cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, healthcare cash plan, and payroll giving.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
The contractual location of this role is our Bristol office, but we have recently moved to a hybrid working model with a dynamic and blended combination of office and remote working, dependent on business and team requirements.
As there will not be a requirement for the person in this role to be in the office on a weekly basis, we are open to considering applicants from a wider geographical area who are happy to travel to Bristol on a regular basis subject to business needs.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover note through our careers site.
We aim to review applications soon after they are received, and will arrange interviews when there’s someone we’re keen to meet, so please don’t hold off applying until the closing date is approaching - we don’t want you, or us, to miss out!
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
IOP Publishing is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are built into our identity in a way that is natural and sustainable, visible through the work we produce, our company branding, our professional networks and the communities we serve and support, which includes our employees, talent communities and candidates. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
Our vision is that diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are built into our identity in a way that is both natural and sustainable and that is visible through the work we produce, our Ways of Being, our company branding, our professional networks and the colleagues and communities we serve and support.