Library Sales Account Manager
Company : American Psychological Association
Location : Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware
Closing Date : 9/30/2018
Website : https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1075/JobBoard/09af7a49-6e44-7933-83ad-e62b675aa816/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f9e57770-cb2d-4c5f-a8f2-3d436d74f487
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for maintaining existing sales and generating new sales for all APA database products to the institutional market (single site and consortium) in assigned territory within North America to achieve target sales
revenue objectives. Such products include PsycINFO, PsycARTICLES, PsycBOOKS, PsycTHERAPY, PsycTESTS, APA Books E-Collections, electronic versions of APA handbooks, and all other existing and new electronic resources published and/or distributed by APA as directed by the Sales Channel Director, North America.
Education and Experience:
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, marketing, management, or psychology).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience with a portfolio of intellectual property products and services.
- Proven experience in working with 3rd party sales and channel partners.
- Industry knowledge in the library/information publishing industry is a key requirement for consideration.
- A demonstrated record of success selling to decision makers at academic, corporate, and government institutions is highly desirable.
Computer Skills Required:
- MS Office Suite
- CRM Systems (e.g. salesforce)
- Achieve annual sales targets for assigned products, markets and channels.
- Execute sales process from contact through strategy, proposal, presentation & successful conclusion.
- Aggressively research, identify, qualify & target potential clients & develop access strategy to initiate contact.
- Develop & maintain relationships at all levels of the academic institution applicable in the value chain.
- Exercise creativity and independent judgment in developing and evaluating sales strategies for assigned territory.
- Develop Account Sales Strategy & Territory Development Strategy for both new and renewal accounts.
- Utilize resources from across APA to design & deliver customer desired outcomes.
- Ability to build and maintain strong pipeline of opportunities to meet annual sales targets for assigned product and territories.
- Represent APA Databases in the marketplace at various industry organizations and events.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales operations, and product business leaders to ensure optimal support of sales activity.
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.