Journal Publishing Editor (JPE)
Company : World Scientific Publishing (UK) Ltd
Location : 57 Shelton Street Covent Garden London WC2H 9HE United Kingdom
Closing Date : 31st December 2022
Website : https://www.worldscientific.com/page/careers
We are looking for an ambitious, motivated individual to join as a full-time JPE in our London office. The JPE must be a self-starter responsible to ensure continuing development of journals publishing program to drive our ambitious growth targets. Your key role will be to contribute to the growth, quality and usage of the journals by participating in the development, commissioning and product development plans. This role supports the HQ Journal Team.
- Developing new STEM-related research journals, through acquisition or new launches, with an emphasis on open access publication.
- Management of existing portfolio journals to continuously improve and maintain market relevance; this will include, creating new opportunities for growth (content, revenue, quality, etc.) and the development of new publishing models.
- Identify high-value topics for Special Issues and commission qualified guest editors to organize paper-invitations/call-for-papers to agreed publication timelines.
- Maintain continuous quality control and monitoring of all aspects of day-to-day editorial, production and publishing operations and actively address improvements where required.
- Meet portfolio related objectives with regards to content growth, articles market share, citation share, relative impact factor, editorial speeds and author and editor satisfaction.
- Regular discussions with HQ editorial team to track status of focused content journals acquisition, proposals and targets; providing internal and external updates where necessary.
- Develop and maintain positive collaborative relationships with existing/potential authors, Editorial Board members and referees.
- Monitoring the demands of market forces and advising of future trends, risks and opportunities.
- Where appropriate, represent World Scientific Publishing at external conferences and events.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in Science.
- Prior experience in STEM publishing.
- Ability in managing multiple projects simultaneously amid tight deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a team.
- The ability to build, nurture and manage editorial boards.
- Legal rights to work in the UK.
Potential candidates who meet our requirements may apply with a cover letter and full resume stating your current and expected salaries, availability and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.