Journal Publishing Editor (JPE)
Company : World Scientific Publishing (UK) Ltd
Location : 57 Shelton Street Covent Garden London WC2H 9HE United Kingdom
Closing Date : 31st December 2022
Website : https://www.worldscientific.com/page/careers
- Developing new STEM-related research journals, through acquisition or new launches, with an emphasis on open access publication.
- Management of existing portfolio journals to continuously improve and maintain market relevance; this will include, creating new opportunities for growth (content, revenue, quality, etc.) and the development of new publishing models.
- Identify high-value topics for Special Issues and commission qualified guest editors to organize paper-invitations/call-for-papers to agreed publication timelines.
- Maintain continuous quality control and monitoring of all aspects of day-to-day editorial, production and publishing operations and actively address improvements where required.
- Meet portfolio related objectives with regards to content growth, articles market share, citation share, relative impact factor, editorial speeds and author and editor satisfaction.
- Regular discussions with HQ editorial team to track status of focused content journals acquisition, proposals and targets; providing internal and external updates where necessary.
- Develop and maintain positive collaborative relationships with existing/potential authors, Editorial Board members and referees.
- Monitoring the demands of market forces and advising of future trends, risks and opportunities.
- Where appropriate, represent World Scientific Publishing at external conferences and events.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in Science.
- Prior experience in STEM publishing.
- Ability in managing multiple projects simultaneously amid tight deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a team.
- The ability to build, nurture and manage editorial boards.
- Legal rights to work in the UK.
Potential candidates who meet our requirements may apply with a cover letter and full resume stating your current and expected salaries, availability and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.