International Sales Director
The Independent International Sales Contractor is responsible for maximizing sales performance in selected channels, products and markets/territories, as directed by the Head of Sales, Licensing & Customer Engagement for international accounts outside of North America. The independent contractor is responsible for optimizing sales performance in line with the organization’s strategy. The role oversees sales for APA digital solutions and higher education tools outside North America. This includes commercial vendor relations and internal sales channels. Position based outside of the Americas, preferably London, UK. This is a contractor status role.
Contractor Preferred Education and Experience Required
- A master’s degree or MBA (or 10+ years of equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 7+ years of sales experience with a portfolio of intellectual property products and services, including higher education solutions.
- Proven experience in establishing and managing sales channels and channel partners. • Demonstrated experience in working as part of a broader sales organization and in working with product and business owners.
- Experience in maximizing sales channel effectiveness in educational, research and public markets internationally.
- Strong Customer Relationship Management/Salesforce experience
Statement of Work
- Achieve annual sales targets for assigned products, markets and channels.
- Align assigned sales channels with organization’s strategy.
- Oversee vendor and partner relations in designated areas.
- Work across functional areas and departments in APA (such as Product and Finance).
- Drive sales process leadership from contact through strategy, proposal, presentation & successful conclusion for APA digital solutions and higher education products internationally.
- Define international sales strategies across all internal and external channels.
- Aggressively lead efforts to research, identify, qualify & target potential clients & develop access strategy to initiate contact.
- Develop & maintain relationships at all levels of the academic institution applicable in the value chain for APA database and higher education products.
- Exercise creativity and independent judgment in developing and evaluating sales strategies in selling educational tools by region internationally.
- Develop and lead strategy process with regard to: Account Sales Strategy & Territory Development Strategy for both new and renewal accounts internationally.
- Ability to clearly identify the needs of current and future client segments and develop customer specific value points.
- Utilize resources from across APA in order to design & deliver customer desired outcomes.
- Ability to build and maintain strong pipeline of opportunities to meet annual sales targets internationally.
- Represent APA database and higher education tools in the marketplace at various industry organizations and events internationally.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales operations, and product business leaders to ensure optimal support of sales activity.
- Create comprehensive feedback loop for product development.
- Recommends to customers how new products will enhance the experience for students by having a solid understanding of the challenges.
- Utilization of customer relationship management system, Salesforce, to document all site visits, opportunities in required APA stages, contract processing and all other APA required sales processing required as deemed by the Head of Sales, Licensing
& Customer Engagement.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key thought leaders in the market internationally.
- Travel up to 40% of the time.
For more information please contact George Kowal, email@example.com