Head of EMEA Sales & Marketing
Company : IOP Publishing
Location : UK/EMEA
Closing Date : 20/09/21
Website : http://ioppublishingcareers.org/vacancies/6127/STM/head_of_emea_sales_marketing/
The Head of EMEA Sales & Marketing is responsible for developing sales & marketing strategies and tactics in the EMEA region in order to secure sales growth and achieve financial targets.
This is a high-profile role working collaboratively and proactively with stakeholders across the business to formulate strategy and policy to help ensure the company maintains its market leading position. Leading the marketing and sales teams, you’ll be responsible for delivering marketing and sales development objectives within the EMEA region.
Key job accountabilities:
- Oversee the overall sales strategy for the region, with responsibility for setting targets and delivering objectives
- Provide leadership and direction to the team, motivating and supporting them to achieve their sales targets
- Embed the account management marketing team into the sales function
- Set vision, tone and strategy for the team to best support sales
- Develop a deep understanding of and connection with IOPP’s librarian customer, and act as the EMEA voice of the libraries, to best support and improve their experience
- Proactively develop, revise and implement marketing communications and information service processes
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement within the teams to optimise success
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Extensive knowledge of STM journals and eBooks publishing, with a proven track record in sales and sales processes, including the development of new business models and product development
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Open Access and its practical implications for libraries, customers and authors, and in particular Open Access business models and Transformative Agreements
- Comprehensive understanding of the needs of the library market globally, especially in the EMEA region
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage wide colleague and customer audiences globally
- Highly-skilled in influencing, negotiation and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to research, sense, create and present new ideas and opportunities
- Strong leadership and people management skills with proven experience leading, developing and motivating teams in a changing environment
- Extensive experience of managing and communicating change across a global workforce
- Strong financial skills applied to business analysis and planning
The Head of EMEA Sales & Marketing will need to be based within the EMEA region, with the ability to travel extensively, including to our UK headquarters in Bristol.
What we offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer UK employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including cycle to work and gym membership. These may vary depending on the successful candidate’s location.
Our modern and contemporary UK offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover note highlighting your skills and experience and how these apply to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
We are seeking a diverse range of candidates and particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.