Freelance data analyst
Company : International Association of Scientific Technical and Medical Publishers (STM)
Location : Global (must be available during UK working hours)
Closing Date : 31/01/2020
Website : https://www.stm-assoc.org
The International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers (STM) is recruiting for a freelancer to develop data and insights to support our communication efforts and to promote the contribution that publishers make to innovation, openness and the sustainability of the research ecosystem.
The position is part-time, up to two days a week with a flexible schedule. The initial contract is for six months with the potential for extension. The position can work remotely but must have some availability during UK business hours. The role will report to STM’s Director of Communications and will work closely with the STM Strategic Communications Committee.
- Compile data around the publishing industry and the collective STM membership in topical areas (e.g. amount of research represented by STM members, growth in open access output)
- Identify insights from the STM industry report that are newsworthy and conduct new research to support their dissemination
- Work with the Director of Communications to leverage data to suggest impactful narratives which would support the Association’s communication strategy
The successful candidate will be:
- Aware of all relevant trends in the STM publishing industry related to policies and technology
- A strong communicator with good cultural awareness
- Proficient with data analysis
At STM we support our members in their mission to advance research worldwide. Our 150 members based in over 20 countries around the world collectively publish 66% of all journal articles and tens of thousands of monographs and reference works. As academic and professional publishers, learned societies, university presses, start-ups and established players we work together to serve society by developing standards and technology to ensure research is of high quality, trustworthy and easy to access. We promote the contribution that publishers make to innovation, openness and the sharing of knowledge and embrace change to support the growth and sustainability of the research ecosystem. As a common good, we provide data and analysis for all involved in the global activity of research.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.