Editorial Development Manager (Greater China)
Company : IOP Publishing
Location : Beijing, China
Closing Date : 21/05/2019
Website : http://ioppublishingcareers.org/vacancies/5975/STM/editorial_development_manager_greater_china/
The Editorial Development Manager, Greater China is responsible for raising the profile of IOP Publishing in China and for supporting our commissioning and product development objectives in the region.
The role will build key strategic relationships with the scientific community in China to grow IOPP’s market share of content from China, through one-to-one meetings with researchers, conducting publishing workshops, and supporting our social media and online presence as part of our regional growth strategy.
Additionally, the role will develop an understanding of researcher and academic priorities and institutional and governmental policies around scholarly communications in China, making connections with institutional and government agencies, and channelling this intelligence back into the business. This key customer and market insight will be critical to informing our future Chinese strategy. Collaboration with colleagues across international offices will also be key to the success of the role so that we make sure we engage effectively with key Chinese researchers and academics.
The role will require extensive travel in China, and occasionally internationally.
To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate the following experience:
- Higher degree (MSc or PhD) in physical sciences or engineering is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of journal publishing and the STM industry.
- A strong understanding of the international research environment and knowledge of research and funding policies and mechanisms in China highly desirable
- Extensive experience of working with senior level positions in academic and government organisations
- Experience organising events and managing projects
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
You should also possess the following skills:
- Excellent customer focus
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Project management and continuous improvement
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional project teams and across the organisation
- Ability to network effectively and negotiate
- Highly driven to get the job done
To apply, please submit your application highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher for leading-edge research, with offices in 19 cities worldwide. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society based in the UK. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute.