Editorial Assistant – Journals
Company : The Royal Society of Chemistry
Location : Cambridge
Closing Date : 08/03/2020
Website : https://careers-rsc.icims.com/jobs/2413/editorial-assistant---journals/job
We have an opportunity for two Editorial Assistants, Journals (one permanent and one temporary maternity cover) to join our Publishing team in a critical support role, providing administrative support to an Executive Editor and their team with a range of commissioning activities.
Your responsibilities will focus on:
- Retrieving data from databases, sending electronic mailings via Maxemail, carrying out times to publication and competitor analyses and updating the journal blogs.
- Responding to general queries from potential authors, including in response to commissioning activities, by managing the shared journal mailboxes.
- Arranging Editorial Board meetings, including booking venues, arranging travel and accommodation for Editorial Board members. Maintaining and updating Editorial and Advisory Board lists.
- Providing administrative support for the Executive Editors and their teams for external activities. This may include collating statistics, organising materials and prizes for conference exchange agreements and liaising with the travel team over travel arrangements.
- Liaising with Associate Editors over marketing and promotional activities, and providing general assistance with marketing activities, as well as carrying out CMS work..
- Arranging Associate Editor payments, and processing Editorial Board expenses.
- Providing cover for the other Editorial Assistant(s) when absent and assisting them with administrative duties, to ensure the smooth running of the Journals Department.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties and projects as required by the Executive Editor and Publishers and their team(s) as appropriate.
- Ensuring that every effort is made to progress the RSC’s Publishing strategy for core and new product development, and technical innovation.
We are looking for:
- Previous administration experience
- Efficiency and competence in the use of software packages associated with PCs
- Very good organisation and time-management skills, together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Good communications skills and proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Previous experience in Scientific, Technical and Medical (STM) publishing
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent benefits package.
For the full job description please click here