Editor in Chief – BMJ Health & Care Informatics
Company : British Medical Journal (BMJ)
Location : London
Closing Date : 31/08/2019
Website : https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1401752992/?pathWildcard=1401752992&trk=job_capjs
Position: Editor in Chief f - BMJ Health & Care Informatics
Contract: 5 year contract - 1 day per week
Start date: 1st January 2020
BMJ and BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, are looking for the next Editor-in-Chief who can continue to shape BMJ Health & Care Informatics into the premier resource for academic and practitioner communities while maintaining the Journal's high standard for originality and quality. The candidate is an active researcher and/or practising informatician with an awareness of emerging trends in health and care informatics and their applications to clinical practice. They will act as an ambassador, actively promoting and strengthening the journal and upholding the highest ethical standards concerning publication ethics and editorial policies.
Being an editor for BMJ
As Editor of BMJ Health & Care Informatics you will benefit from the following:
● Annual networking Editors’ Retreat at BMA House with all BMJ Journal Editors
● Attendance at the Medical Editors’ training course in Oxford, UK
● Access to exclusive BMJ content, including The BMJ and BMJ Learning
● Full training and support; from publishing processes to social media
● The chance to shape the field and play a role in the development of the specialty
● Have a positive effect on the careers of fellow scientists
● Interact with the latest research from scientists based all over the world
This is an independent contractor position and the term of office is 5 years. The role will take up one day per week. International and joint applications are welcomed. Interviews will be held at BMA House or via video conference. Please contact Jennifer Thomas, Publishing Executive, email@example.com or Tashan Chong-Kan, Talent Acquisition Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org for a full role description and to apply.
To be considered for the role please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest and vision for the future development of the journal.
Application deadline: 31st August 2019