Digital Content Manager
Company : IOP Publishing
Location : Bristol
Closing Date : 22/11/2017
Website : http://ioppublishingcareers.org/vacancies/5881/STM/digital_content_manager/
IOP Publishing is seeking an experienced digital content manager to develop our content and services for books, journals and magazines. Supporting IOP Publishing’s strategy to enrich and increase the value of our commercial content, the content manager will create roadmaps that continue our record of innovation in areas such as XML, semantics and interactivity. Through leading an agile development team, and supported by a team of content specialists, the digital content manager will initiate change throughout the production and discovery processes, ensuring that IOP Publishing’s content meets the needs of researchers.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate leadership and change management skills. In addition, you will have
- Expert knowledge and experience of data structures within journals, books and magazine publishing: JATS, XML, XSL, Schematron, HTML, PDF, PostScript, EPUB, interactivity, video, audio and bibliographic metadata.
- Experience of working with customers to develop content, and the ability to translate your experience and knowledge into development requirements.
- Proven experience of creating successful content roadmaps that initiate business change.
- Significant experience of electronic publishing, including key issues and challenges.
- Experience working with industry bodies and integrations such as Crossref, CHORUS and with standards groups, such as NISO.
- Good experience of Agile development processes as a Product Manager or Owner, and of writing high-level technical requirements for development.
- Direct experience of working with the technical systems used for content storage, such as MarkLogic, and how to apply these to improve the technical delivery of content.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave. Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.