Company : BMJ
Location : London
Closing Date : 06/04/2020
Website : https://careers-bmj.icims.com/jobs/1229/content-editor/job
Position: Content Editor
Contract: Fixed term
Salary: £35,506 - £39,451 per annum
Start date: ASAP
BMJ is the innovative publishing division of the British Medical Association and one of the world leaders in medical publishing with a strong brand recognised internationally. One of the key product areas, BMJ Journals, produces over 70 specialist clinical medical titles, many of which are leaders in their fields.
The Publishing team at BMJ currently has a vacancy for a Content Editor to work across Evidence-Based Nursing, Evidence-Based Mental Health, andBMJ Open Science.
- This role comprises evidence scanning, searching, filtering and performing a basic appraisal of nursing and midwifery research articles (50% of role).
- You will also commission commentaries on articles selected by the Evidence-Based Nursing editors.
- For Evidence-Based Mental Health and BMJ Open Science, you will help to research, commission, and supervise the development of content that is relevant for target readership groups (50% of role) in mental health and preclinical science respectively.
- You will work with the Editors to shape the content pipelines and manage invited authors/editors to ensure the timely delivery of manuscripts to specification.
- You should be educated to a degree level in a science or health subject. A PhD or MSc in a scientific, medical or health field would be desirable.
- You should work well with minimal supervision and be very comfortable with working to deadlines and managing a variable workload.
- Experience of working in Editorial or Production at a medical publisher would be an advantage.
- All shortlisted applicants will be required to take a test to assess aptitude for critical appraisal.
- We may consider splitting this role to provide two part-time roles - one for the tasks focussed on nursing and another for the tasks focussed onEvidence-Based Mental Health, andBMJ Open Science.
Note: Please state in your covering letter if you would prefer to apply for a part-time role and for which journals.
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development opportunities
- Great London location in BMA house, a spectacular grade II listed building
- Subsidised gym and canteen on-site
- Strong company values and shared mission to create a healthier world for all
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this role further in advance of your application, please do not hesitate to contact Richard Sands (email@example.com)
BMJ is an £80 million company, employing approximately 500 people worldwide with its headquarters in London and key offices in China, India and the United States. Its activities are guided by its mission to help achieve a healthier world and its dedication to superior financial performance. It advances healthcare worldwide by sharing knowledge and expertise to improve outcomes. BMJ is a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA).
The BMJ (formerly the British Medical Journal) is the company’s flagship publication which has the second highest impact factor in the UK and fifth highest in the world. It is also the fourth most widely cited medical journal in the world. The company also publishes over 60 specialty journals, several of which are produced in partnership with leading professional medical associations. Best Practice is BMJ’s successful point-of-care decision support tool and BMJ Learning is the centerpiece of several educational offerings.