Community Events Coordinator
Company : IOP Publishing
Location : Bristol / Hybrid
Closing Date : 31st January 2023
Website : https://www.ioppublishingcareers.org/vacancy/community-events-coordinator--512203.html
IOP Publishing are looking for an experienced and motivated Community Events Coordinator to join their friendly Content and Engagement Marketing team on a full-time, permanent basis.
The Community Events Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support within the Content and Engagement Marketing (CEM) team for a programme of community engagement events. These events include event research, planning, development and implementation of high-impact, cost-effective events to support the marketing strategy and the business objectives, whilst providing specialist service and advice to deliver events on time and within budget. Planning and logistical delivery of IOPP webinars, and the planning and delivery of editorial board meetings. These activities will help to expand our researcher networks and raise the visibility, profile and reputation of IOPP’s journals, books and conference proceedings.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Ensures all events support the marketing strategy and business objectives, and successful delivery of a programme of global events
- Excellent internal and external customer service support
- Planning and support for webinars from beginning to end delivery
- Liaison with marketing colleagues to plan attendance at conferences to meet objectives and targets.
- Co-ordination and administration of editorial board meetings for journals and ebooks
- Creating and uploading information for each event as guided by marketing and publishing colleagues
- Reporting on outcomes and management of post-event follow up communications with marketing and publishing colleagues, and speakers.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in co-ordinating attendance at conferences and/or managing webinars and/or managing large external meetings is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to work effectively with internal colleagues and external stakeholders and service partners around the world.
- Excellent organisational skills, budget management and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Publishing experience in STM publishing (journals or books) is desirable but not essential.
We know it is unusual for someone to tick every box so if you don’t meet all the criteria, but demonstrate most of the skills and experience we are looking for and have the enthusiasm to work with us, go ahead and apply.
What we offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees an excellent pension scheme (up to 10% company contribution), discretionary annual bonus scheme, 25+ days holiday (not including bank holidays), standard 35-hour working week, volunteering days, and a comprehensive benefits package including private medical insurance, life assurance, and a range of flexible benefits such as cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, healthcare cash plan, and childcare vouchers.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants. Named on more than one occasion as the best city in the UK to live in, Bristol is a cosmopolitan and creative city boasting a historic harbour, internationally renowned cultural institutions and home to world-class festivals and events.
As there will not be a requirement for the person in this role to be in the office on a weekly basis, we are open to considering applicants from a wider geographical area who are happy to travel to Bristol a couple of times a month, subject to business needs. As part of this role, there will also be some travel involved.
Although you might not be in the office every day, there will be opportunities to meet and socialise with your team!
To apply, please submit your CV and cover note through our careers site.
We aim to review applications soon after they are received, so please don’t hold off applying until the closing date is approaching - we don’t want you, or us, to miss out! The interviews for this role will take place in mid-February.
IOP Publishing is an international scientific publisher, through which leading-edge research is distributed worldwide. Our rapidly expanding journals programme is published alongside other sources of scientific information in the form of eBooks, magazines and conference proceedings. Other publications include easily accessible community and regional websites. We are a world leader in the development of electronic publishing for the scientific community and have offices in Europe, Asia and the US. Working in the interests of science and scientists, we aim to maximise the impact of the research we publish.
IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society. Any financial surplus earned by IOP Publishing goes to supporting science through the activities of the Institute. With a continuing focus on growth, we recognise that every single person has a real part to play if we’re to achieve our aim of becoming the world’s leading publisher in our field.
IOP Publishing is an equal-opportunity employer. Our goal is to ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are built into our identity in a way that is natural and sustainable, visible through the work we produce, our company branding, our professional networks and the communities we serve and support, which includes our employees, talent communities and candidates. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented backgrounds.