Client Services Manager, Latin America
Company : IEEE
Location : Southern U.S. Location
Closing Date : open until filled
Website : https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=SAL0000011R&tz=GMT-04%3A00
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Client Services Manager, Latin America
Southern U.S. Location Preferred
The successful applicant will build relationships with IEEE online customers in our Spanish and Portuguese-speaking territories, encouraging usage and educating researchers and administrators about IEEE content, the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and other IEEE online platforms and subscriptions. In this role, you will share accountability with IEEE sales management to support a core territory with over 15M in renewal sales, providing outreach, training, promotional activities and programs to grow usage and communicate the value of IEEE information.
- Develops and implements programs and events that build customer relationships and drive IEEE usage and awareness for multiple communities, including librarians, engineers, researchers, students and faculty, partnering with locally-based sales representatives in Latin America.
- Plans, organizes and leads training sessions for librarians, endusers, regional staff and local dealers in effective use of the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, Innovation Q+, and other electronic information products through on-site visits, phone, email, and internet conferencing.
- Contacts customers and interfaces with territory sales staff regularly to exchange customer info, knowledge of risky accounts, travel itineraries, and strategies.
- Represents IEEE in designated territory by planning and organizing complex events, such as customer meetings, IEEE Student Branch-sponsored activities, university and industry outreach programs, customized events, and public speaking opportunities.
- Assists with introductions of new products and platforms. Supports customers during roll-out of new subscriptions and monitors usage to support internal promotions of new content or platforms.
- Travels for onsite customer visits, conferences, training and awareness events.
- Reports customer feedback to product development and design teams regularly. Reports issues that interfere with usage and access via internal processes.
- Builds IEEE awareness, loyalty and support.
- Participates in the creation of custom promotional and training materials, as needed.
- Meets regularly with manager and Client Services team via internet conferencing.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (Library & Info Science strongly preferred). Engineering or Computer Science background will also be considered.
- 7+ years cumulative work experience with 5+ years library, electronic publishing or STM database experience preferred.
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills in English and Spanish required. Portuguese knowledge a plus.
- Training expertise required -- comfort with electronic information products and ability to demonstrate products one-on-one or for large audiences, both in-person and online, is critical.
- Enthusiasm and energy for customer engagement.
- Experience with scientific digital libraries strongly desired.
- Knowledge of information industry and library trends,methods and technologies.
- In-depth understanding of the sales process and current market for high-end electronic subscription products.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, both locally and internationally. Frequent travel is part of the job.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize own workload.
- PC skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WebEx.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dresscode.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=SAL0000011R&tz=GMT-04%3A00
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work EnvironmentStandards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.