Chief Executive Officer
Company : British Medical Journal (BMJ)
Location : London
Closing Date : 23/08/2019
Website : https://careers-bmj.icims.com/jobs/1179/chief-executive-officer/job
Chief Executive Officer - London, UK
BMJ – A distinguished, global healthcare knowledge and information solutions provider seeks a dynamic, innovative, and technology savvy Chief Executive Officer.
BMJ is an £80 million company, employing approximately 500 people worldwide with its headquarters in London and key offices in China, India and the United States. Its activities are guided by its mission to help achieve a healthier world and its dedication to superior financial performance. It advances healthcare worldwide by sharing knowledge and expertise to improve outcomes. BMJ is a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA).
The BMJ (formerly the British Medical Journal) is the company’s flagship publication which has the second highest impact factor in the UK and fifth highest in the world. It is also the fourth most widely cited medical journal in the world.The company also publishes over 50 specialty journals, several of which are produced in partnership with leading professional medical associations. Best Practice is BMJ’s successful point-of-care decision support tool and BMJ Learning is the centerpiece of several educational offerings.
We seek a Chief Executive Officer to lead our organisation to even greater success in the service of the medical research and practice communities worldwide. The CEO will report to BMJ’s Board of Directors through the Board’s Chair and will work with the BMA Group CEO.
The successful candidate will:
- Set the tone and vision of the company and be the public face of BMJ
- Make major corporate and strategic decisions as well as manage the overall operations and resources of BMJ
- Ensure the long- term sustainability of the organisation through a combination of digital innovation, entrepreneurship, continued growth of the core business and maintenance of the BMJ brand
- Provide informed and entrepreneurial leadership on global trends, data and digital developments, the competitive landscape, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards
- Promote an environment of innovative thinking, customer focus, and operational excellence
- Identify and pursue opportunities for growth through technology and partnerships
- Emphasise digital and subscription based products and services
You will be a high-performing innovator with broad general management and commercial experience and demonstrable interpersonal skills. You will have successfully led, or managed at a senior level, an international digital media, publishing, information services, subscription, technology or health-related company or company division. Experience in medical research or practice markets is highly desirable. You will have experience in developing new digital subscription products and services and must have the gravitas and charisma to lead an organisation through significant change. Bottom-line responsibility and proven achievement of growth in sales and profits is essential. You must also demonstrate familiarity with what it takes to successfully innovate in a digital and fast- moving industry. Experience of working in a mission-driven organisation is highly desirable.
Signium UK is providing support to BMJ in the recruitment of this position. The closing date for applications is August 23rd 2019.
To apply, please email Signium UK, providing your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and quoting reference 1665 in the subject line.