Associate Director of Licensing
Company : American Society of Clinical Oncology
Location : Alexandria, VA USA
Closing Date : June 30, 2019
Website : https://asco.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ASCO/job/Alexandria/Associate-Director-of-Licensing_R145
Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here. ASCO has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director of Licensing to join our growing Publishing Department. The successful candidate will effectively partner with department colleagues to lead business development for licensing across the breadth of ASCO’s content programs while negotiating, managing, and growing relationships with external business partners and internal ASCO departments.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy using your analytical, business, and interpersonal skills, then we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Create, develop, manage, and enhance relationships with licensees for both existing and new business for ASCO programs
- Perform business development-related functions including negotiating new and renewed agreements that include licensing of content in traditional markets and new and developing markets
- Utilize the Licensing Team’s customer relationship management database (CRM) to develop new business and manage existing business
- Manage delivery of content from internal resources to licensees, and initiate, maintain, and track access to all online products and content sources for new and existing licensees
- Direct and execute the creation and implementation of sales and marketing collateral including copy writing for: digital marketing, outreach, book fairs, and support material for sales presentations/meetings
- Work with team to maintain exclusivity matrix, and provide reporting according to content and territory
- Direct end-of-year licensing accounts receivables and payables for territory and coordinate with members of licensing team, and provide backup for processing of licensing CRM batches
- Negotiate and prepare contracts using templates and contracts database in partnership with the Legal team
- Partner with colleagues on revenue growth strategy, and creation and monitoring of annual budget
- Delegate applicable tasks and mentor department staff members
What you will need in order to be successful:
- 7+ years of licensing or related experience in publication sales or working with licensing program; experience working with healthcare-related licensing is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; hands-on experience working with CRM databases; and an openness to embracing new technology
- Professional communication skills (verbal, listening and writing) including assembling language for contracts
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to think things through and see the bigger picture
- Track record of successful multi-tasking with detail orientation in a fast-paced and professional environment while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated success as a staff manager and mentor
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)