Company : World Scientific Publishing (UK) Ltd
Location : 57 Shelton Street Covent Garden London WC2H 9HE United Kingdom
Closing Date : 31st December 2022
Website : https://uk.indeed.com/job/acquisitions-editor-uk-57925088f865ca8c
Primary Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Acquire new academic titles in STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) with high commercial value.
- Responsible for full editorial process from commissioning, manuscript submission to publication.
- Develop new areas that complement Company’s existing focus areas.
- Maintain positive collaborative relationships with all stakeholders including existing/potential authors, reviewers, contributors, key advisers, potential textbook adopters; and colleagues in various divisions.
- Monitoring market demand, advising future trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Participate in the marketing and promotional activities as required.
- Any ad hoc projects when necessary and assigned.
- Degree in STEM.
- At least 3 years’ experience in academic publishing with track record in acquiring STEM titles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player in a dynamic, international environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously amid tight deadlines.
- Legal rights to work in UK.