Acquisitions Editor – Life Sciences (36 hours, full-time)
Company : Brill
Location : Wageningen / Hybrid
Closing Date : 30th January 2023
Website : https://brill.com/page/Careers/careers
Founded in 1683 in Leiden, the Netherlands, Brill is a leading international academic publisher in the Humanities, Social Sciences, International Law, and selected fields in the Sciences. With offices around the world, Brill publishes over 1,200 journal issues and 2,000 new books and reference works each year, in addition to a large number of databases and primary source research collections. Commitment to open access publishing and to the latest publishing technologies are at the core of Brill’s mission to make academic research available for the scholarly community worldwide. The company’s key customers are academic and research institutions, libraries, and scholars. Brill is a publicly-traded company and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV.
Wageningen Academic is an imprint of Brill located in Wageningen. It publishes seven journals and approximately thirty new books per year. A team of nine people are employed in a pleasant work environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to work with leading authors and institutions in the field of the Life Sciences. Within the position, you will have the opportunity for extensive author contact, proposal review, contract negotiation and monitoring of strategic, budget, and financial planning, together with long-range planning for growth and development of the publishing portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manage, strengthen and grow a publishing list in the Life Sciences with a focus and animal and food science
· Develop and deliver a publishing strategy in the field
- Maintain, develop and expand global editorial relationships
- Emphasis on journals and online products; use data-driven insights to further expand publications portfolio
- Draft and negotiate contracts, collaborate internally with Sales, Marketing and Platform teams
- Attend major international conferences and academic events
· University degree in animal or food science or directly related field highly desirable
· 5+ years of previous publishing experience, with proven track record of product development
· Strong affinity with scholarly environment, particularly in the Life Sciences
·Entrepreneurial drive, creativity, strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills. Good organizational abilities
· Technology savvy, data-driven approach, adaptive to working with new internal systems
· Familiarity with Open Access
· Native-level fluency in English is required
· Available for domestic and international travel
What we offer:
The position will be based in Wageningen, the Netherlands. Hybrid working is a possibility. This position is dependent of the experience, graded as a grade IX function the all-in pay range is between € 60.000-85.000 gross annually on a full time basis.
Brill offers an attractive employee benefits package with a personal choice budget including the option to buy more vacation days.
How to apply:
Please send you application before the 1st of January 2023, to email@example.com.Formore information, please contact Mike Jacobs on (0317) 47 65 16.