STM Spring Conference – USA
You can’t afford not to attend STM’s 2009 Spring Conference
What keeps Scholarly Publishers up at Night?
Political Environments: Threats & Opportunities,
Copyright Challenges & Web 3.0
The 2009 STM Spring Conference will bring together industry and outside experts confronting business challenges publishers face from a variety of fronts.
Will provide publishing executives and senior managers with a program focusing on insights and strategic thinking.
Join your colleagues and industry leaders and benefit from each other’s ideas and experience.
Some comments from STM Spring Conferences - 2008 & 2007
“Great networking with colleagues. Excellent venue. Lovely food. Informative talks & great weather.”
“ . . . Great idea to have academics, business outside publishing as speakers.”
“Best STM program in years!”
“High-level. Pushing the envelope”
- Thomas Connertz, Director, Electronic Journals, Thieme Publishing Group
- Jerry Cowhig, Managing Director, Institute of Physics Publishing
- Gerry Grenier, Staff Director, Publishing Technologies, IEEE, Inc.
- Valentina Kalk, Rights Manager, The World Bank
- Roy Kaufman, Legal Director, Wiley-Blackwell, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Dominic Knight, Managing Director, Palgrave Macmillan, Ltd.
- Christine Lamb, Marketing Director, New England Journal of Medicine
- Eric Massant, Senior Director, Government & Industry Affairs, Reed Elsevier
- Carol Richman, Director of Licensing, Sage Publications
- Mark Seeley, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Elsevier
- International Association of STM Publishers
- Michael Mabe, CEO
- Janice Kuta, Director of Marketing & Membership
- Eefke Smit, Director of Standards & Technology
Organizations registering 5+ people for this conference should email@example.com for discount information
Events Terms and Conditions
Where an event has registration fees, cancellations made in writing up to 30 days before an event are eligible for a 50% refund. No refunds can be made for cancellations received on or after 30 days prior to the event date, however, substitutions may be made free of charge at any time.
Registration fees do not include insurance. Participants are advised to take out adequate personal insurance to cover travel, accommodation, cancellation and personal effects.