Assistant Journal Manager
Company : AIP Publishing LLC
Location : Melville, New York
Closing Date : March 31, 2017
Website : https://publishing.aip.org/careers
AIP Publishing, a leading publisher in the STM market seeks a dynamic and creative individual to take on the Assistant Journal Manager role. This successful candidate will be responsible for supporting activities aimed to ensure the success of a select group of AIP Publishing publications.
…will work with Journal Managers to develop content as well as performing research and analysis in support of strategic objectives
…have the skills to monitor and analyze journal metrics and measuring progress towards targets as well as coordinating editorial input to marketing efforts that will ensure increased journal usage, visibility and authorship
…have the ability to gather and prioritize product and customer requirements through market research by working closely with academic editors and researchers in the community; representing the journal to all external stakeholders
You will be responsible for:
- ensuring that development efforts support the overall strategies and goals of the Publisher’s Office and for working with internal business units to align activities to strategic objectives
- the performance that will be measured against each product’s success using various metrics, including quality and quantity of published articles.
- interacting directly with all the relevant external stakeholders of the journal community including; authors, reviewers, readers, editors.
- providing the research, analysis and planning that drives journal objectives, and monitors progress towards targets as well as competitor and Editor performance as directed by the Director, Editorial Development.
- possess an advanced physical science degree, or a Bachelor’s degree and familiarity with research publication in physics-related journals
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be computer literate with knowledge of/experience with internet-based scientific communication
- have excellent teamwork, time management and organizational skills
- possess the ability to take responsibility, assess complex situations, and work on own initiative
Please visit https://publishing.aip.org/careers to apply.
AIP Publishing offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement and tuition assistance as well as gourmet coffee and onsite fitness center. Our new collaborative office design encourages innovation and creativity with a variety of flexible spaces to suit a variety of working styles. At AIP Publishing, ideas and suggestions are encouraged and valued. Our employees work as a team, using their talents and skills to contribute to the success of the organization and meet the needs of our customers.
AIP Publishing is a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of the American Institute of Physics(AIP). AIP Publishing’s mission is to support the charitable, scientific and educational purposes of AIP through scholarly publishing activities in the fields of the physical and related sciences on its own behalf, on behalf of Member Societies of AIP, and on behalf of other publishing partners to help them proactively advance their missions. AIP Publishing’s portfolio comprises 19 highly regarded, peer-reviewed journals, including the flagship journals Applied Physics Letters, Journal of AppliedPhysics, and The Journal of Chemical Physics, in addition to the AIP Conference Proceedings.
AIP Publishing LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer